1. Abdi, E., Fatahnia, F., Banadaki, M.D., Azarfar, A. and Mosavi, S. 2015. Effect of soybean
roasting and monensin on microbial protein synthesis, ruminal parameters and plasma
metabolites of lactating dairy cows. Anim. Produc. Sci. 55: 625-629.
2. Amanlou, H., Maheri-Sis, N., Bassiri, S., Mirza-Aghazadeh, A., Salamatdust, R., Moosavi,
A. and Karimi, V. 2012. Nutritional value of raw soybeans, extruded soybeans, roasted
soybeans and tallow as fat sources in early lactating dairy cows. Open vet. J. 2: 88-94.
3. Anderson, M., Obadiah, Y., Boman, R. and Walters, J. 1984. Comparison of whole
cottonseed, extruded soybeans, or whole sunflower seeds for lactating dairy cows. J. Dairy.
Sci. 67: 569-573.
4. Bailoni, L., Bortolozzo, A., Mantovani, R., Simonetto, A., Schiavon, S. and Bittante, G.
2004. Feeding dairy cows with full fat extruded or toasted soybean seeds as replacement of
soybean meal and effects on milk yield, fatty acid profile and CLA content. Ita. J. Anim. Sci.
5. Bertoni, G. 1996. Environment, feeding and milk quality. Informatore Agrario (Suppl.) 52;
6. Broderick, G.A. 1986. Relative value of solvent and expeller soybean meal for lactating
dairy cows. J. Dairy. Sci. 69: 2948-2958.
7. Broderick, G.A., Ricker, D.B. and Driver, L.S. 1990. Expeller soybean meal and corn byproducts
versus solvent soybean meal for lactating dairy cows fed alfalfa silage as sole
forage. J. Dairy. Sci. 73: 453-462.
8. Clark, J.H. and Davis, C.L. 1980. Some aspects of feeding high producing dairy cows. J.
Dairy. Sci. 63:873-885.
9. Faldet, M. and Satter, L. 1991. Feeding heat-treated full fat soybeans to cows in early
lactation. J. Dairy. Sci. 74: 3047-3054.
10. Fathi Nasri, M., Danesh Mesgaran, M., Kebreab, E. and France, J. 2007. Past peak
lactational performance of Iranian Holstein cowsfed raw or roasted whole soybeans.
Canadian J. Anim. Sci. 87: 441-447.
11. Flis, S. and Wattiaux, M. 2005. Effects of parity and supply of rumen-degraded and
undegraded protein on production and nitrogen balance in Holsteins. J. Dairy. Sci. 88: 2096-
12. Grummer, R.R., Luck, M.L. and Barmore, J.A. 1994. Locational performance of dairy cows
fed raw soybeans, with or without animal by-product proteins, or roasted soybeans. J. Dairy.
Sci. 77(5): 1354-1359.
13. Mohamed, O., Satter, L., Grummer, R. and Ehle, F. 1988. Influence of dietary cottonseed
and soybean on milk production and composition. J. Dairy. Sci. 71: 2677-2688.
14. Monica, P., Iofciu, A., Gros Su, D. and Iliescu, M. 2001. Efficiency of toasted fullfat
soybeans utilization in broiler feeding. Archiva Zootechnica, 6: 121-124.
15. Moradi, M., Maghsoudlou, S., Rostami, F. and Mostafalou, Y. 2013. Effects of Different
Levels of Substitution of Extruded Soybean with Soybean Meal and Vitamin E
Supplementation on Performance and Carcass Characteristics of Broiler Chicks. Research on
Animal Production, 1(4): 15-25.
16. Nutrition, N.R.C.S.o.D.C. 1978. Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle, (National
17. Owen, F. and Edionwe, A. 1986. Grinding, roasting influences value of soybeans for cows.
Feedstuffs, 58: 16.
18. Patton, R.A., Hristov, A.N. and Lapierre, H. 2014. Protein feeding and balancing for amino
acids in lactating dairy cattle. Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Anim. Pract. 30:
19. Pond, W.G., Church, D.C. and Pond, K.R. 1995. Basic animal nutrition and feeding, (John
Wiley and Sons).
20. Sadr Erhami, E., Ghorbani, G., Kargar, S. and Sadeghi sefid Mazgi, A. 2015. Effect of
feeding processed soybean as replacement for soybean meal on performance, physically
effective fiber of diet, feed intake, and chewing behavior of mid-lactating Holstein dairy
cows. Iranian Journal of Veterinary Clinical Science. 2: 87-102. (In Persian).
21. Scott, T., Combs, D. and Grummer, R. 1991. Effects of roasting, extrusion, and particle size
on the feeding value of soybeans for dairy cows. J. Dairy. Sci.74; 2555-2562.
22. Socha, M. 1991. Effect of feeding heat-processed whole soybeans on milk production, milk
composition, and milk fatty acid profile, (University of Wisconsin--Madison).
23. Stern, M., Santos, K. and Satter, L. 1985. Protein degradation in rumen and amino acid
absorption in small intestine of lactating dairy cattle fed heat-treated whole soybeans. J.
Dairy. Sci. 68: 45-56.
24. Subuh, A., Motl, M., Fritts, C., and Waldroup, P. 2002. Use of various ratios of extruded
fullfat soybean meal and dehulled solvent extracted soybean meal in broiler diets. Int. J.
Poult. Sci. 1(9): 12.
25. Tice, E., Eastridge, M. and Firkins, J. 1993. Raw soybeans and roasted soybeans of different
particle sizes. 1. Digestibility and utilization by lactating cows 1, 2. J. Dairy. Sci.76; 224-
26. Van Keulen, J., and Young, B.1977. Evaluation of acid-insoluble ash as a natural marker in
ruminant digestibility studies. J. Anim. Sci.44; 282-287.
27. Van Soest, P.v., Robertson, J. and Lewis, B. 1991. Methods for dietary fiber, neutral
detergent fiber, and nonstarch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. J. Dairy. Sci.
28. Villar-Patiño, G., Díaz-Cruz, A., Ávila-González, E., Guinzberg, R., Pablos, J.L., and Piña,
E. 2002. Effects of dietary supplementation with vitamin C or vitamin E on cardiac lipid
peroxidation and growth performance in broilers at risk of developing ascites syndrome. Am.
J. vet. Res. 63(5): 673-676.
29. Voss, V., Stehr, D., Satter, L., and Broderick, G. 1988. Feeding lactating dairy cows proteins
resistant to ruminal degradation. J. Dairy. Sci. 71: 2428-2439.
30. Weatherburn, M. 1967. Phenol-hypochlorite reaction for determination of ammonia. Anal.
Chem. 39(8): 971-974.