1. Aislabie, J., and Lloyd-Jones, G. 1995. A review of bacterial-degradation of pesticides. Australian Journal Soil Research. 33(6): 925-942.
2. Colovic, M., Krstic, D., Petrovic, S., Leskovac, A., Joksic, G., Savic, J., Franko, M., Trebse, P., and Vasic, V. 2010. Toxic effects of diazinon and its photodegradation products. Toxicology Letters. 193: 9-18.
3. Czerkawaski, J.W. 1986. An introduction to rumen studies. Pergamon Press. Oxford. New York. 236p.
4. Das, S.K. 2013. Mode of action of pesticides and the novel trends–A critical review. International Research Journal of Agricultural Science and soil Science. 3: 393-401.
5. Demirin, H., Gokalp, O., Kaya, E., Bukukvanli, B., Cesur, G., Ozkan, A., and Kaya, M. 2013. Phosalone toxicity on liver and pancreas: role of vitamins E and C. Asian Journal of Chemistry. 25: 2589-2592.
6. Denman, S.E., and McSweeny, C.S. 2006. Development of a real-time PCR assay for monitoring anaerobic fungal and cellulolytic bacterial populations within the rumen. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. 58: 572-582.
7. Eckhardt, J.C., Santurio, J.M., Zanette, R.A., Rosa, A.P., Scher, A., Dal Pozzo, M., Alves, S.H., and Ferreiro, L. 2014. Efficacy of a Brazilian calcium montmorillonite against toxic effects of dietary aflatoxins on broilers reared to market weight. British Poultry Science. 99: 215-20.
8. Elmore, S.E., Mitchell, N., Mays, T., Brown, K., Marroquin-Cardona, A., Romoser, A., and Phillips, T.D. 2014. Common African cooking processes do not affect the aflatoxin binding efficacy of refined calcium montmorillonite clay. Food Control. 37: 27-32.
9. Fenn, P.D., and Leng, R.A. 1989. Wool growth and sulfur amino acid entry rate in sheep fed roughage based diets supplemented with bentonite and sulfur amino acids. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research. 40: 889-896.
10. Fenn, P.D., and Leng, R.A. 1990. The effect of bentonite supplementation on ruminal protozoa density and wool growth in sheep either fed roughage based diets or grazing. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research. 41: 167-174.
11. Finlay, B.J., Esteban, G., Clarke, K.J., Williams, A.G., Embley, T.M., and Hirt, R.R. 1994. Some rumen ciliates have endosymbiotic methanogens. FEMS Microbiology Letters. 117: 157-162.
12. Fries, G.F., Flatt, W.P., and Moree, L.A. 1969. Energy balances and excretion of DDT into milk. Journal of Dairy Science. 52: 684-695.
13. Ghasemi, S., Naserian, A.A., Valizadeh, R., Tahmasebi, A.M., Vakili, A.R., Behgar, M., and Ghovvati, S. 2012. Inclusion of pistachio hulls as a replacement for alfalfa hay in the diet of sheep causes a shift in the rumen cellulolytic bacterial population. Small Ruminant Research. 104: 94-98.
14. Harvey, R.B., Kubena, L.F., Phillips, T.D., Corrier, D.E., Elissalde, M.H., and Huff, W.E. 1991. Diminution of aflatoxin toxicity to growing lambs by dietary supplementation with hydrated sodium calcium aluminosilicate. American Journal of Veterinary Research. 52: 152-156.
15. Indresh, H.C., Devegowda, G., Ruban, S.W., and Shicakumar, M.C. 2013. Effects of high grade bentonite on performance, organ weights and serum biochemistry during aflatoxicosis in broilers. Veterinary World. 6: 313-317.
16. Ivan, M., Dayrell, M.D., Mahadevan, S., and Hidiroglou, M. 1992. Effects of bentonite on wool growth and nitrogen metabolism in fauna-free and faunated sheep. Journal of Animal Science. 70: 3194-3202.
17. Jaynes, W.F., and Zartman, R.E. 2011. Aflatoxin toxicity reduction in feed by enhanced binding to surface-modified clay additives. Toxins. 3: 551-565.
18. Kazemi, M., Tahmasbi, A.M., Naserian, A.A., Valizadeh, R., and Moheghi, M.M. 2012. Potential nutritive value of some forage species used as ruminants feed in Iran. African Journal of Biotechnology. 11: 12110-12117.
19. Kazemi, M., Tahmasbi, A.M., Valizadeh, R., and Naserian, A.A. 2012. Toxic influence of diazinon as an organophosphate pesticide on parameters of dry matter degradability according to in situ technique. International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences (IJBAS). 12: 229-233.
20. Kazemi, M., Tahmasbi, A.M., Valizadeh, R., Naserian, A.A., Haghayegh G.H., and Esmaeil Jami, Y. 2014. Studies on the effects of different chemical additives on the nutritive value of ensiled barley distillers' grain (BDG) using in vitro techniques. Direct Research Journal of Agriculture and Food Science. 2: 19-24.
21. Kazemi, M., Tahmasbi, A.M., Valizadeh, R., Naserian, A.A., Afshari, R., and Sonei, A. 2013. Effect of phosalone as an organophosphate pesticide with different levels of bentonite on fermentation parameters of a TMR ration according to in vitro condition. Iranian Journal of applied animal science. 5: 201-209. (In Persian)
22. Kazemi, M., Tahmasbi, A.M., Valizadeh, R., Naserian, A.A., and Haghayegh, G.H. 2013. Effect of phosalone on rumen in vitro fermentation parameters. Sky Journal of Agricultural Research. 2: 149-153.
23. Kongmun, P., Wanapat, M., Pakdee, P., and Navanukraw, C. 2010. Effect of coconut oil and garlic powder on in vitro fermentation using gas production technique. Livestock Science. 127: 38–44.
24. Lee, S., Kim, Y., and Kwak, W. 2010. Effects of dietary addition of bentonite on manure gas emission, health, production, and meat characteristics of Hanwoo (Bos taurus coreanae) steers. Asian-Australian Journal of Animal Science. 23: 1594-1600
25. Makkar, H.P.S. 2005. In vitro gas methods for evaluation of feeds containing phytochemicals. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 123-124: 291-302.
26. Manafi, M. 2012. Counteracting effect of high grade sodium bentonite during aflatoxicosis in broilers. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology. 14: 539-547. 27. Maxim, L.D., Niebo, R., and McConnell E.E. 2016. Bentonite toxicology and epidemiology-a review. Inhalation Toxicology. 28: 591-617.
28. Menke, K.H., and Steingass, H. 1988. Estimation of the energetic feed value obtained from chemical analysis and in vitro gas production using rumen fluid. Animal research and development. 28: 7–55.
29. Mohsen, M.K., and Tawfik, E.S. 2002. Growth performance, rumen fermentation and blood constituents of goats fed diets supplemented with bentonite. Faculty of Agriculture, Kafr El-Sheikh, Tanta University, Egypt, 7 pp.
30. Morgavi, D.P., Forano, E., Martin, C., and Newobold, C. J. 2010. Microbial ecosystem and methanogenesis in ruminants. Journal of Animal Science. 4: 1027-1036.
31. Mugerwa, S., Zziwa, E., and Kabirizi, J. 2013. Effect of fortifying Aflatoxin contaminated feeds with Ugandan bentonite on performance of broiler birds. Applied Science Reports. 3: 106-109.
32. Murray, H.H. 2005. Clay sorbents: the mineralogy, processing and applications. Acta Geodynamica et Geomaterialia. 2: 131-138.
33. Nag, S.K., Mahanta, S.K., Raikwar, M.K., and Bhadoria, B.K. 2007. Residues in milk and production performance of goats following the intake of a pesticide (endosulfan). Small Ruminant Research. 67: 235-242.
34. NRC, National Research Council. 2001. Nutrient requirement of dairy cattle. 7nd ed. National Academic Sciences, Washington, DC.
35. Ørskov, E.R., and McDonald, I. 1979. The estimation of proteindegradability in the rumen from incubation measurementsweighted according to rate of passage. Journal of Agricultural Science. 92: 499-503.
36. Pappas, A.C., Tsiplakou, E., Georgiadou, M., Anagnostopoulos, C., Markoglou, A.N., Liapis, A., and Zervas, G. 2014. Bentonite binders in the presence of mycotoxins: results of in vitro preliminary tests and an in vivo broiler trial. Applied clay Science. 99: 48-53.
37. Patel, H.A., Somani, R.S., Bajaj, H.C., and Jasra, R.V. 2007. Synthesis and characterization of organic bentonite using Gujarat and Rajasthan clays. Current Science. 92: 1004-1009.
38. Reddy, S.J., Reddy, B.V., and Ramamurthi R. 1992. Effect of chronic insecticide phosalone toxicity on haem synthesis and blood gas composition in the rat. Biochemistry International. 26: 551-558.
39. Robinson, A., Johnson, N.M., Strey, A., Taylor, J.F., Marroquin-Cardona, A., Mitchell, N.J., Afriyie-Gyawu, E., Ankrah, N.A., Williams, J.H., Wang, J.S. Jolly, P.E., Nachman, R.J., and Phillipsa, T.D. 2012. Calcium montmorillonite clay reduces urinary biomarkers of fumonisin B1 exposure in rats and humans. Food Additives and Contaminants. 29: 809-818.
40. Romoser, A.A., Marroquin-Cardona, A., and Phillips, T.D. 2013. Managing risks associated with feeding aflatoxin contaminated feed. Proceedings of the Tri-State Dairy Nutritional Conference. Fort Wayne, Indiana, April 23–24, pp. 35-50.
41. SAS Institute INC. 2002. Sas user’s Guide: statistics. Statistical Analysis Systems Institute Inc. Cary NC.
42. Singh, B.K., and Walker, A. 2006. Microbial degradation of organophosphorus compounds. FEMS Microbiology Reviews. 30: 428–471.
43. Stern, M.D., Varga, G.A., Clark, J.H., Firkins, J.L., Huber, J.T., and Palmquist, D.L. 1994. Evaluation of chemical and physical properties of feeds that affect protein metabolism in the rumen. Journal of Dairy Science. 77: 2762-2786.
44. Stevenson, D.M., and Weimer, P. 2007. Dominance of Prevotella and low abundance of classical ruminal bacterial species in the bovine rumen revealed by relative quantification real-time PCR. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 75: 165-174.
45. Sylvester, J.T., Karnati, S.K.R., Yu, Z., Morrison, M., and Firkins, J.L. 2004. Development of an assay to quantify rumen ciliate protozoal biomass in cows using real-time PCR. The Journal of Nutrition. 134: 3378-3380.
46. Theodorou, M.K, Williams, B.A., Dhanoa, M.S., McAllan, A.B., and France, J. 1994. A simple gas production method using a pressure transducer to determine the fermentation kinetics of ruminant feeds. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 48: 185-197.
47. Varadyova, Z., Baran, M., Siroka, P., and Styriakova, I. 2003. Effect of silicate minerals (zeolite, bentonite, kaolin, granite) on in vitro fermentation of amorphous cellulose, meadow hay, wheat straw and barley. Berliner und Munchener tierarztliche Wochenschrift. 116: 317-321.
48. Wallace, R.J., and Newbold, J. 1991. Effects of bentonite on fermentation in the rumen simulation technique (Rusitec) and on rumen ciliate protozoa. Journal of Agricultural Science. 116: 163-168.
49. Williams, P.P., Robinson, J.D., Gutierrez, J., and Davis, R.E. 1963. Rumen bacterial and protozoal responses to insecticide substrates. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 11: 517-522.
50. Zhansheng, W., Chun, L., Xifang, S., Xiaolin, X., Bin, D., Jine, L., and Hongsheng, Z. 2006. Characterization, acid activation and bleaching performance of bentonite from Xinjiang. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering. 14: 253-258.