1. A.O.A.C. 2000. Official methods of analysis, 17 thed. Association of official analytical
chemists, Arlington, VA.
2. Agricultural Food Research Council. 1993. Energy and protein requirements of ruminants.
In: AFRC Technical Committee on Responses to Nutrients. CAB International, Wallingford,
3. Arvanito yanis, I.S. 2010. Irradiation of Food Commodities: Techniues, Applications,
Detection, Legislation, Safety and Consumer Opinion. Elseviers science and technology
Rights department in oxford, London, uk.
4. Baldwin, P.M. 2001. Starch granule-associated proteins and polypeptids: A review. Starch
5. Berner, A.L. 1980. The production and composition of milk from dairy cows fed hay
supplemented with whole, rolled or alkali- treated barley grain. Proceeding of the ASAP. 13:
6. Blair, R. 2008. Nutrition and Feeding of Organic Poultry. CABI, Wallingford, UK. 322p.
7. Chalupa, W., and Sniffen, C.J. 1996. Protein and amino acid nutrition of lactating dairy
cattle—today and tomorrow. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 58: 65-75.
8. Colkesen, M., Kamalak, A., Canbolat, O., Gurbuz, Y., and Ozkan, C. 2005. Effect of cultivar
and formaldehyde treatment of barley grain on rumen fermentation characteristics using in
vitro gas production. South African Journal of Animal Science. 35: 206-212.
9. Christen, S.D., Hill, T.M., and Williams, M.S. 1996. Effects of tempered barley on milk
yield, intake, and digestion kinetics of lactating Holstein cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 79:
10. Damiran, D., and Yu, P. 2012. Metabolic characteristics in ruminants of the proteins in
newly developed hullIless barley varieties with altered starch traits. Journal of Cereal
Science. 55: 351– 463.
11. Damiran, D., and Yu, P. 2011. Molecular basis of structural makeup of hulless barley in
relation to rumen degradation kinetics and intestinal availability in dairy cattle: A novel
approach. Journal of Dairy Science. 94: 5151–5159.
12. Dann, H.M., Varga, G.A., and Putnan, D.E. 1999. Improving energy supply late gestation
and early postpartum dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 82: 1765-1778.
13. FAO, 2001. FAOSTAT. Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations.
14. FAOSTAT, 2015. The agricultural production domain. Available from:
http:faostat.fao.org.site.339.default.aspx (January 31 2015) .
15. Finley, JW. 1989. Effects of processing on proteins: an overview. In: Phillips, R.D., Finley,
J.W. (Eds.), Protein Quality and the Effects of Processing. Marcel Dekker, New York, NY,
USA, Pp: 1–7.
16. Gargallo, S., Calsamiglia, S., and Ferret, A. 2006. Technical noteia modified three step in
vitro pr ocedure to determine intestinal digestion of proteins. Journal of Animal Science. 84:
17. Ghezeljeh, A.E., Mesgaran, D.M., Moghaddam, N.H., and Vakili, A. 2011. Bulk density,
chemical composition and in vitro gas production parameters of Iranian barley grain
cultivars grown at different selected climates. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 6:
18. Gholizadeh, H., Naserian, A.A., Valizadeh, R.A., and Tahmasbi, M. 2017. Study of
Carbohydrate and Protein Fractions in Different Barley Cultivars Using Cornell Net
Carbohydrate and Protein System (CNCPS) Iranian Journal of Animal Science Research8:
541-552. (in Persian)
19. Ghorbani, G., and Hadj-Hussaini, A. 2002. Isitu degradability of Iranian barley grain
cultivars. Small Ruminant Research. 44: 207-212.
20. Giger-Reverdin, S. 2000. Characterisation of feedstuffs for ruminants using some physical
parameters. Animal Feed Science Technology. 86: 53-69.
21. Harmon, D.L., and McLeod, K.R. 2001. Glucose uptake and regulation by intestinal tissues:
implication and whole-body energetics. Journal of Animal Science. 79: E59-E72.
22. Harmon, D.L., Yamka, R.M., and Elam, N.A. 2004. Factors affecting intestinal starch
digestion in ruminants: A review. Canadian Journal of Animal Science. 84: 309-318.
23. Hayase, F., Kato, H., and Fujimaki, M. 1975. Racemization of amino acid residues in
proteins and poly (L-amino acids) during roasting. Journal of Agricultural and Food
Chemistry. 23: 491–494.
24. Kaasova, J., Hubackova, B., Kadlec, P., Prihoda, J., and Bubnik, Z. 2002. Chemical and
biochemical changes during microwave treatment of wheat. Czech Journal of Feed Science.
25. Kadlec, P., Kaasova, J., Dostalova, J., Zatopkova, M., Hosnedl, V., and Hrachovinova, J.
2002: Microwave treatment on drying of germinated pea. Czech Journal of Feed Science. 20:
26. Koenig, K.M., Beauchemin, K.A., and Rode, L.M. 2003. Effect of grain processing and
silage on microbial protein synthesis and nutrient digestibility in beef cattle fed barley-based
diets. Journal of Animal Science. 81: 1057-1067.
27. Lewandowicz, G., Jankowsk, T., and Fornal, J. 2000. Effect of microwave radiation on
physico-chemical properties and structure of cereal starches. Carbohydrate Polymers. 42:
28. Licitra, G., Hernandez, T., and Van Soest, P. 1996. Standardization of procedures for
nitrogen fractionation of ruminant feeds. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 57: 347-
29. Ljøkjel, K., Harstad, O.M., Prestløkken, E., and Skrede, A. 2003. In situ digestibility of
protein in barley grain (Hordeum vulgare) and peas (Pisum sativum L.) in dairy cows:
influence of heat treatment and glucose addition. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 107:
30. Lykos, T., and Varga, G.A. 1995. Effects of processing method on degradation
characteristics of protein and carbohydrate sources in sitution. Journal of Dairy Science. 78:
31. McDonald, P., Edwards, R.A., Greenhalgh, J.F.D., Morgan, C.A., and Sinclair, L.A. 2010.
Animal nutrition, 714p.
32. Mcniven, M.A., Weisbjerg, M.R., and Hvelpund, T. 1995. Influence of roasting or sodium
hydroxide treatment of barley on digestion in lactating cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 78:
33. Montgomery MJ and Baumgardt BR. 1965. Prediction of nutrient composition and in vitro
dry matter digestibility from physical characteristics of forages. Journal of Dairy Science.
34. Moshtaghi Nia, S.A. and Ingalls J.R. 1995. Influence of moist heat treatment on ruminal and
intestinal disappearance of amino acids from rapeseed meal. Journal of Dairy Science. 78:
35. Nocek, J.E., and Tamminga, S. 1991. Site of digestion of starch in the gastrointestinal tract
of dairy cows and its effect on milk yield and composition. Journal of Dairy Science. 74:
36. Oliveira, M.E.C., and Franca, A.S. 2002. Microwave heating of foodstuffs. Journal of Food
37. Peng, Q., Khan, N.A., Wang, Z., Yu, Moist P. 2014. dry heatingIinduced changes in protein
molecular structure, protein subfractions, and nutrient profiles in camelina seeds. Journal of
Dairy Science. 97: 446–457.
38. Prestløkken, E. 1999. In situ ruminal degradation and intestinal digestibility of dry matter
and protein in expanded feedstuffs. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 77: 1–23.
39. Reynolds, C.K., Cammell, S.B., Humphries, D.J., Beever, D.E., Sutton, J.D., and Newbold,
J.R. 2001. Effects of post – rumen starch infusion on milk production and energy metabolism
in dairy cows, Journal of Dairy Science. 84: 2250-2259.
40. Robertson, J.A., and Eastwood, M.A. 1981. An investigation of the experimental conditions
which could affect water holding capacity of dietary fiber. Journal of Science Food
Agricultural. 32: 819-825.
41. Robinson, P.H., and Mcniven, M.A. 1994. Influence of flame roasting frequency of barley
on performancof dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 77: 3631-3643.
42. Robertson, J.A., and Eastwood, M.A. 1981. An investigation of the experimental conditions
which could affect water holding capacity of dietary fiber. Journal of Science Food
Agricultural. 32: 819-825.
43. Rooney, L.W., and Pflugfelder, R.L. 1986. Factor affecting starch digestibility with special
emphasis on sorghum and corn. Journal of Animal Science. 63: 1607–1623.
44. Rosa, J., and Barbosa-Canovas, G.V. 2003. Nonthermal preservation of foods using
combined processing techniques. Crit. Rev. Feed Science Nutrition. 43: 265 -285.
45. Rose, R., Rose, C., Steven, K., Omi, Keith, R., Forry, Daniel, Durall, M., and William, L.
1991. Bigg Nursery Technologhy cooperative, Department of Forest Science, Oregon state
University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 39: 2- 11.
46. Sadeghi, A.A., and Shawrang, P. 2005. Effects of micronization on ruminal starch and
protein degradation kinetics of corn grain. Proceedings of the British Society of Animal
Science. 199p. University of York, UK.
47. Sadeghi, A.A., and Shawrang, P. 2006. Effects of Microwave irradiation on ruminal protein
and starch degradation of corn grain. Journal of Animal Feed Science and Technology. 127:
48. Sadeghi, A.A., and Shawrang, P. 2008. Effects of Microwave irradiation on ruminal protein
and starch degradation of barley grain. Journal of Animal Feed Science and Technology.
141: 184 -194.
49. Yu, P. 2011. Dry and moist heating-induced changes in protein molecular structure protein
subfraction, and nutrient profiles in soybeans. Journal of Dairy Science. 94: 6092–6102.
50. Sarvari, S., Hosseinkhani, A., Taghizadeh, A., Janmohammadi, H., Daghighkia, H., and
Mohammadzadeh, H. 2015. The effects of variety and time of roasting on chemical
composition and estimate fermentation and physical parameters of barley grain using invitro
gas production technique. Journal of Animal Science Research. 25p. (in Persian)
51. SAS, 2002. Version 9.1 SAS.STAT user’s guide. Statistical Analysis Systems Institute,
Cary, NC, USA.
52. Shamei, F., Pirmohammad, R., and Khalilvandi-Behroozyar, H. 2015. Evaluation of the
Effect of Different Thermal Treatment Methods on the Chemical Composition and Some
Nutritional Parameters of Cotton Elastic Waste In situ and In vitro Methods. Journal of
Animal Science Research. 46: 261-247. (in Persian)
53. Shawrang, P., and Sadeghi, A.A. 2007. Effects of gamma irradiation on protein degradation
of safflower meal in the rumen. Proceedings of the British Society of Animal Science.
University of York, UK. 68p.
54. Sniffen, C.J., O'Connor, J.D., Van Soest, P.J., Fox, D.G., and Russell, J.B. 1992. A net
carbohydrate and protein system for evaluating cattle diets: II. Carbohydrate and protein
availability. Journal of Animal Science. 70: 3562–3577.
55. Svihus, B., Uhlen, A.K., and Harstad, O.M. 2005. Effect of starch granule structure,
associated components and processing on nutritive value of cereal starch: A review. Journal
of Animal Feed Science and Technology. 122: 303- 320.
56. Theurer, C.B. 1986. Grain processing effects on starch utilization by ruminants. Journal of
Animal Science. 63: 1649-1662.
57. Van Soest, PJ., 1994. Nutritional ecology of the ruminant, 2th edition. Comestock
publishing associates, Cornell University press, Ithaca and London.
58. Van Soest, P.J. 1994. Nutritional ecology of the ruminant. Cornell University Press.
59. Van Soest, P.J., Robertson, J.B., and Lewis, B.A. 1991. Methods for dietary fibre, neutral
detergent fibre and non-starch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. Journal of
Dairy Science. 74: 3583–3597.
60. Vanzant, E., Cochran, S., and Titgemeyer, E.C. 1998. Standardization of in situ techniques
for ruminant feedstuff evaluation. Journal of Animal Science. 76: 2717- 2729.
61. Voragen, AGJ., Gruppen, H., Marsman, GJP., and Mul, AJ. 1995. Effect of some
manufacturing technologies on chemical, physical and nutritional properties of feed. In:
Garnsworthy, P.C., Cole, D.J.A. (Eds.), Recent Advances in Animal Nutrition. Nottingham
University Press, Nottingham, UK. Pp: 93–126.
62. Wallace, R.J., Onodera, R., and Cotta, M.A. 1997. Metabolism of nitrogen-containing
compounds. Pages 283-328 in The Rumen Microbial Ecosystem. P.N. Hobson and C.S.
Stewart, ed. Springer Netherlands.
63. Waltz, D.M., and Stern, M.D. 1989. Evaluation of various methods for protecting soya-ben
protein from degradation by rumen bacteria. Journal of Animal Feed Science and
Technology. 25: 111-122.
64. Wang, Y., Greer, D., and McAllister, T.A. 2003. Effects of moisture, roller setting and
saponin-based surfactant on barley processing, ruminal degradation of barley and growth
performance by feedlot steers. Journal of Animal Science. 81: 2145-2154.
65. Xiaogang Yan, Nazir Ahmad Khan, Fangyu Zhang, Ling Yang, and Peiqiang, Yu. 2014.
Microwave irradiation induced changes in protein molecular structures of barley grains:
relationship with changes in protein chemical profile, protein subfractions and digestion in
dairy cows. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 62: 6546-6555.).
66. Yang, W.Z., Beauchemin, K.A., Farr, B.I., Rode, L.M. 1997. Comparison of Barley, HullI
less Barley, and Corn in the Concentrate of Dairy Cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 80: 2885–
67. Yang, W.Z., Beauchemin, K.A., and Rode, L.M. 2000. Effects of barley grain processing on
extent of digestion and milk production of lactating cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 83: 554-
68. Yaremico, B.J., Mathison, G.W., Engstroml, D.F., Roth, L.A., and Caine, W.R. 1991. Effect
of ammoniation on the preservation and feeding value of barley grain for growing- finishing
69. Yu, P. 2007. Protein molecular structures, protein subfractions, and protein availability
affected by heat processing: A review. American. Journal of Biochemidtry and
Biotechnology. 3: 70–90.
70. Yu, P., Tamminga, S., Egan, A.R., Christensen, D.A. 2004. Probing equivocal effects of
heat processing of legume seeds on performance of ruminants I A review. Asian-Austral.
Journal of Animal Science., 17: 869–876.