1. Abshet, B. 1998. The use of animal fat (tallow) in the diet of Holstein male calves growing. MSc thesis, Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Tehran University. Press 78p. (In Persian)
2. Agazzi, A., Invernizzi, G., Campagnoli, A., Ferroni, M., Fanelli, A., Cattaneo, D., Galmozz, A., Crestani, M., Dell'Orto, V., and Savoini, G. 2010. Effect of different dietary fats on hepatic gene expression in transition dairy goats. Small Ruminant Research. 93: 31-40.
3. Allen, M.S. 2000. Effects of diet on short-term regulation of feed intake by lactating dairy cattle. Journal of Dairy Science. 83: 1624-1598.
4. AOAC. 2002. Official Methods of Analysis, Vol. 1: 17th Ed. AOAC, Arlington, VA.
5. Benchaar, C., Petit, H.V., Berthiaume, R., Whyte, T.D., and Chouinard, P.Y. 2006. Effects of addition of essential oils and monensin premix on digestion, ruminal fermentation, milk
production, and milk composition in dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 89: 4352–4364.
6. Brandt, R.T., and Anderson, S.J. 1990. Supplemental fat source affect feedlot performance and carcass traits of finishing yearling steers and estimated diet net energy value. Journal of Animal Science. 68: 2208-2219.
7. Burt, S. 2004. Essential oils: Their antibacterial properties and potential applications in foods-A review. International Journal of Food Microbiology. 94: 223-253.
8. Colomer-Rocher, F., Morand-Fehr, P., and Kirton, A. 1987. Standard methods and procedures for goat carcass evaluation, jointing and tissue separation. Livestock Production Science. 17: 149-159.
9. Doreau, M., and Chilliard, Y. 1997. Digestion and metabolism of dietary fat in farm animals. British Journal of Nutrition. 78: 15-35.
10. Dorman, H.J.D., and Deans, S.G. 2000. Antimicrobial agents from plants: antibacterial activity of plant volatile oils. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 88: 308–316.
11. Grummer, R.R. 1996. Strategies for success full fat supplementation. Advance in Dairy Technology, Western Canada Dairy Seminar, 8: 117.
12. Han, H., Hussein, S., Glimp, H.A., Sailor, D.H., and Greene, L.W. 2002. Carbohydrate fermentation and nitrogen metabolism of a finishing beef diet by ruminal microbes in continuous cultures as effected by ethoxyquin and (or) Supplementation of monensin and tylosin. Journal of Animal Science. 80: 1117-1123.
13. Huffm, R.P., Stock, R.A., Sindt, M.H., and Shain, D.H. 1992. Effect of fat type and forage level on performance of finishing cattle. Journal of Animal Science. 70: 3889.
14. Lambert, R.J.W., Skandamis, P.N., Coote, P., and Nychas, G.J.E. 2001. A study of the minimum inhibitory concentration and mode of action of oregano essential oil, thymol and carvacrol. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 91: 453–462.
15. Manso, T., Bodas, R., Castro, T., Jimeno, V., and Mantecon, A.R. 2009. Animal performance and fatty acid composition of lambs fed with different vegetable oils. Meat Science. 83: 511-516.
16. McGuffey, R.K., Richardson, L.F., and Wilkinson, J.I.D. 2001. Ionophores for dairy cattle: Current status and future outlook. Journal of Dairy Science. 84: 194-203.
17. SAS. 2001. Statistical Analysis System User’s Guide: Statistics. SAS Institute, Cary, NC.
18. Scollan, N.D., Choi, N.J., Kurt, E., Fisher, A.V., Enser, M., and Wood, J.D. 2001. Manipulating the fatty acid composition of muscle and adipose tissue in beef cattle. British Journal of Nutrition. 85: 115-124.
19. Van Soest, P.J. 1993. Collaborative study of acid detergent fiber and lignin. Journal of the AOAC. Vol. 56. No. 4. 1973.
20. Waghorn, G.C., and McNabb, W.C. 2003. Consequences of plant phenolic compounds for productivity and health of ruminants. The Proceedings of the Nutrition Society. 62: 383-392.
21. Wistuba, T.J., Kegley, E.B., and Apple, J.K. 2006. Influence of fish oil in finishing diets on growth performance, carcass characteristics and sensory evaluation of cattle. Journal of Animal Science. 84: 902-909.
22. Zinn, R.A. 1989. Influence of level and source of dietary fat on its comparative feeding value in finishing diets for steers: Metabolism. Journal of Animal Science. 67: 1038. 1049.
23. Zinn, R.A. 1992. Comparative feeding value of supplemental fat in steam-flaked corn and steam-flaked wheat-based finishing diets for feedlot steers. Journal of Animal Science. 70: 2959–2969.
24. Zinn, R.A. 1998. Comparative feeding value of supplementation fat in finishing diets for feedlot steers supplemented with and without monensin. Journal of Animal Science. 66: 213. 227.
25. Zinn, R.A., and Plascencia, A. 2004. Future of tallow as an ingredient in livestock diets. Pages 31-40 in Proceedings of the 25th Western Nutrition Conference, Saskatoon, SK.