1. Allen, M.S. 2000. Effects of diet on short-term regulation of feed intake by lactating dairy cattle. Journal of Dairy Science. 83: 1598-1624.
2. Allen, M.S., Bradford, B.J., and Oba, M. 2009. The hepatic oxidation theory of the control of feed intake and its application to ruminants. Journal of Animal Science. 87: 3317–3334.
3. AOAC International. 2002. Official Methods of Analysis. 17th ed. AOAC International, Arlington, VA.
4. Armentano, L.E., Bertics, S.J., and Riesterer, J. 1993. Lack of response to addition of degradable protein to a low protein diet fed to mid lactatlon Dairy Cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 76: 3755-3762.
5. Bahrami-Yekdangi, H., Khorvash, M., Ghorbani, G.R., Alikhani, M., Jahanian, R., and Kamalian, E. 2014. Effects of decreasing metabolizable protein and rumen-undegradable protein on milk production and composition and blood metabolites of Holstein dairy cows in early lactation. Journal of Dairy Science. 97: 3707–3714.
6. Broderick, G.A. 2006. Improving nitrogen utilization in the rumen of the lactating dairy cow.Florida Ruminant Nutrition Symposium, Best Western Gateway Grand, Gainesville FL.
7. Cooke, K.M., Bernard, J.K., and West, J.W. 2008. Performance of dairy cows fed annual ryegrass silage and corn silage with steam-flaked or ground corn. Journal of Dairy Science. 91: 2417-2422.
8. Cooke, K.M., Bernard, J.K., and West, J.W. 2009. Performance of lactating dairy cows fed ryegrass silage and corn silage with ground corn, steam-flaked corn, or hominy feed. Journal of Dairy Science. 92: 1117-1123.
9. Dhiman, T.R., Zaman, M.S., MacQueen, I.S., and Boman, R.L. 2002. Influence of corn processing and frequency of feeding on cow performance. Journal of Dairy Science. 85: 217-226.
10. Ferraretto, L.F., Crump, P.M., and Shaver, R.D. 2013. Effect of cereal grain type and corn grain harvesting and processing methods on intake, digestion, and milk production by dairy cows through a meta-analysis. Journal of Dairy Science. 96: 1-18.
11. Firkins, J.L., Eastridge, M.L., St-Pierre, N.R., and Noftsger, S.M. 2001. Effects of grain variability and processing on starch utilization by lactating dairy cattle. Journal of Animal Science. 79 (E. Suppl.): E218-E238.
12. Guyton, A.D., McKinney, J.M., and Knowlton, K.F. 2003. The effect of steam flaked or ground corn and supplemental phytic acid on phosphorus partitioning and ruminal phytase activity in lactating cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 86: 3972–3982.
13. Joy, M.T., DePeters, E.J., Fadel, J.G., and Zinn, R.A. 1997. Effects of corn processing on the site and extent of digestion in lactating cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 80: 2087–2097.
14. Kazemi, M., Mirzaei, M., Khodaei-Motlagh, M., and Khalt abadi-Farahani., A.H. 2016. Nutritional assessment of finely ground corn versus steam flaked corn on milk production and composition and some blood parameters of Holstein dairy cows in early lactation. Iranian Journal of Animal Science. 47: 589-598. (In Persian)
15. Nikkhah, A., Alikhani, M., and Amanlou, H. 2004. Effects of feeding ground or steam-flaked broom sorghum and ground barley on performance of dairy cows in mid-lactation. Journal of Dairy Scienc. 87: 122–130.
16. NRC. 2001. Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle. 7thed Research erseedition National Academic Science. Washington, DC.
17. Plascencia, A., and Zinn, R.A. 1996. Influence of flake density on the feeding value of steam-processed corn in diets for lactating cows. Journal of Animal Science. 74: 310–316.
18. Rafiee, H., Alikhani, M., Ghorbani, G.R., and Sadeghi-Sefidmazgi, A. 2016. Effects of processing of dietary protein (soybean) and carbohydrate (corn) sources and dietary protein levels on performance and milk fatty acids profile of Holstein cows fed low forage diets. Phd Thesis of animal science. College of Agriculture. Isfahan University of Technology.
19. Safaei, Kh., Ghorbani, G.R., Alikhani, M., Sadeghi Sefidmazgi, A., and Yang, W.Z. 2016. Response of lactating dairy cows to degree of steam-flaked barley grain in low-forage diets. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition. 101: 87-97.
20. Santos, F.A.P., Santos, J.E.P., Theurer, C.B., and Huber, J.T. 1998. Effects of umenundegradable protein on dairy cow performance: A 12-year literature review. Journal of Dairy Science. 81: 3182–3213.
21. Santos, J.E.P., Huber, J.T., Theurer, C.B., Nussio, L.G., Tarazon, M., and Santos, F.A.P. 1999. Response of lactating dairy cows to steam-flaked sorghum, steam-flaked corn, or steam-rolled corn and protein sources of differing degradability. Journal of Dairy Science. 82: 728–737.
22. SAS Institute. 2002. User’s Guide: Statistics. Version 9.1. SAS Inst., Inc., Cary, NC.
23. Schwab, C.G. 1994. Optimizingamino acid nutrition for optimum yield of milk and protein. Pages 114-129 in proc southwest nutri. Manage conf. phoeix. AZ. Dep. Animal. Sci.
24. Schwab, C.G., Boucher, S.E., and Sloan, B.K. 2007. Metabolizable Protein and Amino Acid Nutrition of the Cow: Where Are We in 2007? Adisseo USA, Inc. Pp: 121-138.
25. Shen, J.S., Song, L.J., Sun, H.Z., Wang, B., Chai, Z., Chacher, B., and Liu, J.X. 2015. Effects of corn and soybean meal types on rumen fermentation, nitrogen metabolism and productivity in dairy cows. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences. 28: 351-359.
26. Theurer, C.B., Huber, J.T., Delgado-Elorduy, A., and Wanderley, R. 1999. Summary of steam-flaking corn or sorghum grain for lactating dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 82: 1950–1959.
27. Titgemeyer, E.C., and Shirley, J.S. 1997. Effect of processedgrain sorghum and expeller soybean meal on performance oflactating cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 80: 714–721.
28. Wang, C., Liu, J.X., Zhai, S.W., Lai, J.L., and Wu, Y.M. 2008. Effects of rumen-degradable- protein to rumen-undegradable-protein ratio on nitrogen conversion of lactating dairy cows,. 58: 100-103.
29. Wilson, R.C., Overton, T.R., and Clark, J.H. 1998. Effects of Yucca shidigera extract and soluble protein on performance of cows and concentrations of urea nitrogen in plasma and milk. Journal of Dairy Science. 81: 1022-1027.
30. Yu, P., Huber, J.T., Santos, F.A.P., Simas, J.M., and Theurer, C.B. 1998. Effect of ground steam flaked, and steam rolled corn grains on performance of lactating cows. Journal of Dairy Science, 81: 777-783.
31. Zhong, R.Z., Li, J.G., Gao, Y.X., Tan, Z.L., and Ren, G.P. 2008. Effects of substitution of different levels of steam-flaked corn for finely ground corn on lactation and digestion in early lactation dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 91: 3931–3937.